Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch cellular not able to set up Mobile data service

Squiglet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have an iPhone SE + and Apple watch SE cellular which I'm trying to set up for my daughter. The watch has paired no problem but when I try to set up Mobile Service/Mobile Plan in the watch app on the phone, it says "The O2 account on this iPhone cannot be used to add a mobile plan....." and I can't go any further.

Online chat with O2 technical team just said it should work and suggested I visit a shop - I am 40+ miles from a shop so am hoping to sort this out online.

Reading similar issues on here I checked the following: I have a 24 month contract, paid monthly by direct debit, wi-fi calling seems to be enabled, iData also seems to be enabled, I have a £10 spend cap.

Any suggestions what else I need to do/check as I've been trying to sort this out since Christmas day?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I think @O2Sarah- may be able to help you out with this one @Squiglet.

Can you take a look at this please @O2Sarah-?  

Message 2 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @RafaC 

@Squiglet I will send you a private message so we can check your account 

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37054 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

Hi @Squiglet - did your issue get sorted? Looks like at least two O2 Advisors were called in to help, via different routes, hopefully successfully 🤞

Message 4 of 8

Squiglet
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn @O2Sarah- was able to check my account and could see the watch line isn't setting itself up on my account - so wasn't able to resolve my issue - she has raised this with the case management team to investigate and said they should be back in touch with me within 5 working days, so keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37054 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

Hope they honour that commitment, and with a fix, @Squiglet - good luck!

Message 6 of 8

Squiglet
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi pgn, I'm no further forward...however I am trying to set up this watch for my daughter with 'family setup' - do O2 actually support family setup, I understood they did but now I'm wondering if they don't and this is the problem?

Message 7 of 8

Squiglet
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anyone interested, I managed to solve this issue in a matter of minutes...I was trying to set up an apple watch for my daughter (who doesn't have her own mobile) using my phone and 'family setup'. O2 don't yet offer family setup so I took out a plan with Truphone (for the watch only) and it worked in minutes. I get to keep my excellent contract with O2 and my daughter now has her watch with her own phone number for phoning and texting etc. Thank you for those who helped me to sort it.

Message 8 of 8