cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quit o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to I buy out of my contract?

o2 are the worst service provider!!! very unhelpful!!

I should never have returned to o2 and I want out!!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Call 202 and request the termination fee. Pay up and leave.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Call 202 and request the termination fee. Pay up and leave.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of interest...what problems are you having?

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

If it's your intention to buy out your contract, you will have to pay your tariff (less any bolt-ons) x the number of months you have left on your contract. If you want to keep your number you need to call Customer Services and ask for your PAC.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not wish to keep my number because I am receiving nuisance calls and o2 will not block the number! instead I have an idiot on web chat telling me to download an app......because I am obviously that stupid that I havent already tried that!

Therefore my intent is to have a contract with a company that actually cares about their customers

there are many reasons to cancel my contract with o2 but here are a few:

I can not get through to speak to someone because I'm on hold for ten mins and then being cut off

The web chat help is rubbish

I often have no service

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I think it's best you join T Mobile as you will just love their customer service slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it standard to have the **bleep** taken on here? yet another reason to leave O2

Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

You will still have to call Customer Services on 202 from your phone to cancel. O2 do not block numbers, but you can do it on certain phones. I'm not sure if any apps really work. What O2 will do is change your number once with no charge. We all agree that web chat isn't up to scratch.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get through on 202 to cancel, although I bet they'd answer quick enough if I was buying something

The apps dont work, hence why I contacted O2 and as they never offered any help or sugested I could change my number it's too late, if I ever get through I'm buying out of my contract

There is nothing O2 can do to make me think any better of them! if they offered me a new top of the range phone with unlimited everthing for £1 a year I'd still them them where they can shove it

Message 10 of 11