Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 18 rated website blocker

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the block removed last year so i could access betting websites on data as o2 block anything rated 18+ without you removing it

Just about to place a bet on my phone and the blocker message appears saying to call into the o2 shop or phone up to get the block removed. Thought it was strange as its been fine ever since i had it removed, but called in anyway and they confirmed it was already off. Showed him in the shop i cant get on betting sites and he didnt know why

Said to try and reboot the phone to force it off and on the network and this worked. Any reason the block would randomly appear even though its been disabled in my account? Weirdly it was only some betting websites too. William Hill was fine but Coral wasnt.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Not that I'm aware, have you upgraded or anything? Try calling 202 and reporting it as a fault.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 13

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No not upgraded. Like I said a reboot fixed it just seems odd it would even happen when o2 systems were reporting it as off.

Maybe o2 are trying to tell me something about my gambling wink
Message 3 of 13

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
hahaha maybe.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Maybe the gambling sites are trying to stop all the big winners and contacting the networks..... :smileytongue:LOL

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you bought a new phone in the interim since the block was originally removed 

Message 6 of 13

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nope not changed a thing. Was ok this morning.

Wasnt even a real block anyway if it was only blocking some betting sites, and o2 confirm its been off. Reconnecting to the network fixed it so who knows what the cause was
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see it's sorted

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Sounds as if it was flashing you a big red warning light....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here. Went to log in to a site yesterday and blocked.

I talked to 02 and had it removed after a couple hours (and restarting my phone), then today the same thing is happening again and now they won't do anything. I wouldn't mind except this is not the first time it's happened and I need the 4G while I'm having a new phone line installed, working in the adult industry I'm losing my income while they mess me about, I can't even enter sites I own or my own stores I've been in Starbucks using the mall wifi for the past 4 hours.
Very angry about this happening two days running (possibly caffeine induced rage tbf)
Message 10 of 13