Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone do not need device plan just airtime

TobyToo12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello, is it possible to purchase new phone, pay monthly NO DEVICE PLAN WANTED just transfer sim card over.

have seen advice elsewhere saying to do this purchase phone elsewhere thenj just place sim card into new phone. phone would be google pixel 8a.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23371 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3723 Solutions

@TobyToo12 If you can afford to purchase the phone outright, buying it anywhere other than through O2 will probably be cheaper. Look for the phone on Google and shop around. Your current sim will work. If you need a new 5G sim, you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they will swap the sim for you. Be sure to bring photo ID with you if you choose to do that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6963 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Pixel 8 will work fine with your present O2 SIM

Just swap it over when you get you new phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23371 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3723 Solutions

@TobyToo12 If you can afford to purchase the phone outright, buying it anywhere other than through O2 will probably be cheaper. Look for the phone on Google and shop around. Your current sim will work. If you need a new 5G sim, you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they will swap the sim for you. Be sure to bring photo ID with you if you choose to do that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

TobyToo12
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

perfect, as per usual community comes to my rescue, thank you

Message 4 of 4