cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract ends in September and I wish to move to another, cheaper, provider.

Am I able to send notofication that I am cancelling before the 30 days i.e. now? and can it be via email?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
If you use your PAC at the end of your contract you do not have to give notice. If you do not want your PAC then you have to give notice. No mixed messages, just one or the other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry about poor spelling

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
As I assume you will want your number just request a PAC which is valid for 30 days. Once you move to the new network and use your PAC the current contract will end immediately. If you do this in September you will avoid charges and will not be required to give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems that I am getting mixed messages from O2 as the chap on the chat said I still have to give 30 days notice even if the contract does expire, so this would have to be before September?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
If you use your PAC at the end of your contract you do not have to give notice. If you do not want your PAC then you have to give notice. No mixed messages, just one or the other.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

All it says on the O2 help section is this "To cancel, we'll need 30 days notice, and if you cancel before your contract ends you may have to pay a charge"

No mention of getting the PAC code etc, why not?

Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No mention of getting the PAC code etc, why not?

Because O2 won't know whether you need one or not.

If you want to keep the number you need a PAC, if not then you don't.

The advice from MI5 is correct, just follow that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7