Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account billing problem

bazzaboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I take out any phone over the years, I put a spend cap of zero and block the phone from accruing extra charges. Imagine my surprise to find that I had an extra £104 on my bill because my son used the phone to purchase stuff from Sony. So, I phoned on the 14th to be told that they would put a block onto my account and, because I am a valued customer, they would refund the amount. It was then the 20th of February 2024, and I noticed the refund had not been processed. I called again, and a gentleman said that it had been processed but could take from 5 to 10 days, I think it was. So, I phoned again today to explain what had happened, and they said they would look into it and put me through to someone who deals with people with disabilities. She asked me some questions and then said she would put me through to someone else to explain the problem. He said he would look into it, and then I was put on hold. I then had to end the call because I received a call from my doctor. Using my GoPro to record how long I was on the phone, at that time, was 1 hour and 38 minutes. Is this how O2 treats their customers?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Sadly yes, customer service certainly isn't what it was

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 7

bazzaboy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even though i am not getting the help needed 

Message 3 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Some might take the view @bazzaboy that O2 are being incredibly generous with you. Your son used your 'phone to "....purchase stuff from Sony" and O2 agreed to refund the amount to you because you are "....a valued customer....".

Is that not the help that you needed ? 

Message 4 of 7

bazzaboy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

but they haven't done what they said they would

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Sorry you had your phone number linked to the Sony Account and he purchased stuff, so you technically authorised the purchases.. 

Also would have been good if you read what is included in a Spend Cap as charge to mobile is not included 

madasaf1sh_0-1709113781555.png

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/spend-cap

You need to call o2 to get them to honour the refund, and hopefully CS have left notes if not then... you might be in trouble, and if you recorded the call without seeking permission you could be in trouble...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

There are probably corporate governance procedures around making a repayment of £104 to you @bazzaboy

The timescale around all of this is not completely clear from your post but it all seems quite recent. If the repayment has to be authorised by a manager, processed in accounts and then has to clear your bank, it could easily still be in transit.

I personally would give it a few more days before chasing Customer Service :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2     

Message 7 of 7