Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst company ever - disconnection of number

Aaaaaaaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am writing to express my profound dissatisfaction and frustration regarding the unauthorized disconnection and port-out of my mobile phone number, which occurred on 02.01.2024.
Despite numerous attempts to address this issue, I have yet to receive a satisfactory response or resolution from your company, leaving me deeply concerned about the handling of this matter and the security of my personal information.
One of the most concerning aspects of this incident is the ongoing status of my mobile number. While it appears to be inactive when attempting to call from a mobile device, it remains active when called from a landline number. This inconsistency raises serious questions about the status of my number—has it been deactivated, suspended, or is it still.01 under the control of the unauthorized party who attempted to port it out?
I demand immediate clarification on the status of my mobile number and an explanation for why it continues to function in this selective manner. This inconsistency adds to my confusion and frustration and underscores the urgency of resolving this issue promptly and decisively.
Furthermore, I insist that the most effective way to rectify this situation is to completely deactivate and "kill" the mobile number in question. This action will not only prevent any further unauthorized use of my number but also provide me with the assurance that my privacy and security are being prioritized by your company.
In addition to deactivating the number, I reiterate my previous demands for:
1. A thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the unauthorized disconnection and port-out of my mobile number.
2. A detailed report outlining any security vulnerabilities or failures that allowed this incident to occur.
3. Prompt return of my mobile number to its original network provider and restoration of service without any further delay.
4. Compensation in the amount of £100,000 (or equivalent currency) for the tangible and intangible losses suffered as a result of this breach.
5. Full compliance with my Subject Access Request (SAR) for all communication records related to the unauthorized disconnection and port-out of my mobile number.
Furthermore, I want to make it explicitly clear that I am prepared to take legal action to get to the bottom of this matter and understand how my data was breached so easily. I have already informed the police, and they are conducting their own investigation into this matter.
I expect to receive immediate answers to my inquiries and a clear timeline for the actions outlined above. Your prompt and decisive action is crucial to restoring my confidence in your company and ensuring the protection of my personal information and rights as a customer.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Aaaaaaaa
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life - number was randomly disconnected in the new year without any explanation after 4 months now !! I was promised that the number wouldn’t be ported out !! I reported it wasn’t authorised the minute I recieved a text with a pac code !b why was the number 

hen ported out !!!!! I opened a fraud case and they closed it without even informing me !!!!! Stay away people !b they will never answer your complaints and keep you calling over and over !! I have been promised call backs by managers without a single person bothering to help my fraud case !!!!b they even closed it without any reason !! How can you treat customers like this !!! I even emailed the CEOs of the company  they don’t care !!!!!!! I will take this matter all the way by legal action !!09:39:12 GMT

To: complaintreviewservice@o2.com, o2fraudteam@o2.com, lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk, mark.evans@o2.com
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

orry mate but this is a customer only community

No one from O2 will see this

You need to proceed with your legal action if you aren't getting responses from your complaint

As for £100,000....seriously???

As for your deadline 09:39:12 GMT...not a chance from here and what does that deadline even mean?

Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa - I am sure you have read the advice given in the thread where you left this reply: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Number-ported-out-without-my-permission-possible-fraud/m-p...

And also searched the forum here to see how protracted it is to receive any outcome from a complaint raised to O2?

And that this forum is a customer to customer Forum, not a way to reach O2 directly? Oh, and that Porting has been slow for many months, and that securing your mobile so opportunistic hacks don't get their mitts on your number, your MyO2 account, your personal data, bank cards, accounts, e-mail and more, is your responsibility?I  thought so.

Good luck with your aims and conditions above, you should send that in to Martin Lewis (or whatever WatchDog is called these days!).

Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa 

Have you reported this to the police via Action Fraud?? And have you reported to your bank..  Also for for legal reasons o2 are not allowed to tell you what is going on..

I was in agreement, until the mention of the monetary value.. and your ridiculous deadline... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I've taken the necessary steps to report the incident to Action Fraud and my bank. When it comes to the security of personal data, its value is immeasurable, and protecting it is paramount.

Message 6 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie what do you suggest I do then ? 

I have been going back and forth for 4 more the now with no clear answer as to how this actually happened explored all

avenues and nothing has been done !

Message 7 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn everything is secured and someone was able to bypass security to allow the porting to happen but still does not explain why they were not able to stop this as I informed them

immediately and they still

was not able to stop this. It even says on the pac code texts that you have 30 days if you change your kind etc . O2 is just incompetent in every way they are useless and could not solve a simple issue I was promised I would get my number back in January and until now no progress has been made what should I do exactly if they do not respond to complaints and do not even provide any explanations to fraud occurring 

Message 8 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Aaaaaaaa 

From an information security POV

For someone to get hold of your personal data, and use it to commit fraud, could mean that you have been negligent in protecting that data or another organisation has been negligent in protecting it..   

So have you secured any accounts with multi factor authentication, and used strong passwords, as someone (maybe known to you) has know your security details and passwords to get through not only o2 security but also a new networks security.. 

Also o2 may not be liable if they can prove you have been negligent in any of the above...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 10

Aaaaaaaa
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

the account was secured and someone was able to bypass the security and never the less I reported the disconnection as soon as it occurred and o2 we’re not able to act fast and take the necessary steps to protect my account.  They have not provided me explanations as to how this was able to take place and I have escalated this several times in fact they closed the fraud case and didn’t even bother to give me an explanation 

Message 10 of 10