cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my best option now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, basically bit of a dilemma,

I upgraded my Phone Contract 10 Days ago to an iPhone 5s with the 4G Sim, I previously had a HTC phone, I've tried to get along with Apple but it's not for me at all, can't stand itunes and the phone is just not for me, I have phoned 202 but they said they won't allow me to swap it for another phone, even though I've only had it 10 days aparently after 7 your stuck with it.

So do I now sell the phone and buy an Adroid phone? What Android phone can I take advantage of with the 4G sim as I will get Unlimited Texts / Minutes and 5 GB data still but not every phone supports 4G.

I'd just like some advice as I'm really annoyed with O2 now, the coverage is crap, customer service was crap and I'm now stuck with a phone I can't stand using software I don't like, and it's only been 10 days, 10 god damn days!

Rediculous but what can I do about it..

THanks any options or advice appreciated I don't really know what to do now.. 😞

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum.

Take into account you have only had the hardware a short time.

As your over the cooling off period try to stick with it and see. In the end your not losing anything. If you have come from another platform then change can be hard.

I know I have reviewed x3 android phones for o2 and im an iphone user.

I remember moving from Windows to Os X and its hard.  Crazy

If your on refresh then the terms do say you should not sell on the hardware until the phone plan is paid off.

Your avenues as i see it are ;

Stick with it for a while longer.

If on Refresh - Pay up the plan and choose again.

Pay the phone plan off and sell the iPhone and buy one sim free or from places such as CEX.

Remember you may need an alternative sim size which can be picked up from any o2 shop for free, ask for an account specific one ie: Pay Monthly, and ask o2 CS to take you off the iPhone data plan. They can perform the swapmysim procedure in-store for you.

You can use your 4G data on 3G so dont worry there.

Check your mast service ststus via your full postcode to see if any are experiencing issues ref coverage http://status.o2.co.uk/

We always suggest trying out various network payg sims before joining a network just to ensure signal is good where you live, work and commute as coverage checkers are for an indication only and are not 100% accurate.

Their are plenty of nice 4G compatable handsets out there and is a case of having a play with the working demo models to get a feel for the one that interests you.

Perhaps make a shortlist of 5 handsets and go from there.

Let us know how you get on.

Thinking

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum.

Take into account you have only had the hardware a short time.

As your over the cooling off period try to stick with it and see. In the end your not losing anything. If you have come from another platform then change can be hard.

I know I have reviewed x3 android phones for o2 and im an iphone user.

I remember moving from Windows to Os X and its hard.  Crazy

If your on refresh then the terms do say you should not sell on the hardware until the phone plan is paid off.

Your avenues as i see it are ;

Stick with it for a while longer.

If on Refresh - Pay up the plan and choose again.

Pay the phone plan off and sell the iPhone and buy one sim free or from places such as CEX.

Remember you may need an alternative sim size which can be picked up from any o2 shop for free, ask for an account specific one ie: Pay Monthly, and ask o2 CS to take you off the iPhone data plan. They can perform the swapmysim procedure in-store for you.

You can use your 4G data on 3G so dont worry there.

Check your mast service ststus via your full postcode to see if any are experiencing issues ref coverage http://status.o2.co.uk/

We always suggest trying out various network payg sims before joining a network just to ensure signal is good where you live, work and commute as coverage checkers are for an indication only and are not 100% accurate.

Their are plenty of nice 4G compatable handsets out there and is a case of having a play with the working demo models to get a feel for the one that interests you.

Perhaps make a shortlist of 5 handsets and go from there.

Let us know how you get on.

Thinking

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Sell the phone whilst it's still brand new and you will get decent money for it.
Android phones that support 4G are plentiful like the new HTC One (M8), Galaxy S4/S5, Sony Xperia Z1/Z2 to name but a few.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3