Did you mean: 

Upgrade Question

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi

I have just taken out a 12 month sim only contract. I have been told by the agent that i am entitled to upgrade to a phone contract after 6 months. The question i wanted to ask was are all o2 customers offered the same upgrade deals at upgrade time, if not, what factors affect what type of upgrade you are offered?

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yes all O2 customers are offered the same deals it's called fair deal for all

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yes all O2 customers are offered the same deals it's called fair deal for all
Message 2 of 12

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for that, i was not sure whether long term loyal customers got better deals, or credit checks affected better deals etc....

Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No not anymore loyal customers used to get better deals but now everyone gets the same
Message 4 of 12

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That must suck for those who have really been loyal to o2. Does this also apply to all other major network operators? or just an o2 policy.....

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Generally it's the same across the board now yes it is not right in my opinion but what can we do 😞
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI @iar1980 and Welcome to the Community Forum,

We have known of people who at their upgrade time have spoken to o2's retention dept to broker a better deal than what is showing online ,or in the O2 high-street shops.

Also by supplying a current deal from another source ie: screen grab etc, to O2 at the time of upgrade has been known to help get a better deal.

Also if the Refresh Tariff which is only supplied by O2 is not a deal breaker ,then look at the independents such as CPW.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
From experience O2 tend to only do "deals" if they are losing customers. Given that they gained significantly last year it is unlikely the deals would be that great.

Vodafone normally deal.
TescoMobile won't deal (although their prices are good already).
CPW Don't deal as such but sometimes store managers may throw something in to sweeten a deal.
Message 8 of 12

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

O2 have been consistent if not the best in terms of low-price offers. To put it another way, up until today they have been very upfront and handled all of my enquiries/demands satisfactory. Except when they tried to keep me as a customer by offering me a HTC handset with Dr. Dre Beats.....I'm surprised you never heard me laughing. Shocked

My only disappointment this time round was I couldn't get the 32GB model of the LG G2. LG G Pro 2 also allows you install a SD card as well. Swings and roundabouts.

Anyway other mobile providers tend to forget about customer support after the contract is signed.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous the reason I didn't suggest retentions is the op is on a 12 month sim only looking to upgrade to a handset in six months so retentions would have nothing to do with it as the op cannot leave as still in contract for six months the same reason I didn't go into refresh
Message 10 of 12