cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped itself up- didn't want to start using yet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

my iPhone contract isn't up until January so I'm still using that or that was the intention. I bought a lumia in the Black Friday deal, turned it on (Saturday) to make sure it worked and then switched it off. Today (Wednesday)  I turned it on to look at something and it topped itself up £20 yesterday and has taken £10 of that for a big bundle. Where did the £20 come from?!?!? And why did it decide it was going to activate itself?!? Really annoyed I'm now paying for two call plans and don't get me started on the fact I HAVE to call up Xmas flipping day between 10-4 to give the exact 30 days notice. 

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous We have no access to your account here, we are all customers like yourself. You need to contact CS and ask them what is happening with your two accounts..http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

And no you don't have to call up on Christmas day to give notice. You can phone before then and tell CS what date you want your contract to end...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous We have no access to your account here, we are all customers like yourself. You need to contact CS and ask them what is happening with your two accounts..http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

And no you don't have to call up on Christmas day to give notice. You can phone before then and tell CS what date you want your contract to end...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Credit would have been applied to the sim when you bought the phone and they are activated in store.
What do you want to give notice on that needs you to call on Christmas day?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah sorry I know that. I didn't know if anyone knew of this being a standard thing or where they took the money from or whether it's part of the handset cost etc. 

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I bought it online so I didn't know it was activated :s it's a pay monthly refresh contarct that I worked out was a worse deal than payg. 

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
It was part of the handset cost.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5 annoyed I couldn't check it all worked without activating it. Do you think it's worth having a moan at them to see if they'll move it or not really?

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Sorry, but I'm a bit confused.
You said the phone had topped itself up and now you say it's on a refresh contract?
Which one is it please?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I thought the op had two phones which is why I gave the info about cancelling contract on the one they appear not to want any longer?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The reason I did not want this to top itself up is because my contract for my current phone doesn't end until January. So now I'm paying for a monthly refresh contract and this payg big bundle simultaneously for two months.  

Message 10 of 17