cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Quotation Via O2 Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

So am thinking of leaving my contract early so went onto the live chat to ask how much it would be to terminate my contract.

I get a figure of £60.56 + VAT to terminate. As with all correspondances i get this emailed to myself.

I then ring the customer services to cancel and pay this figure only to be told that the figure is actually £135.87 + VAT. 

I went through the fact that i had gotten a figure by their Live chat, and they could see this conversation, but were not willing to uphold this figure.

This is stupid as i have a written confirmation of the cost, only for it to change!!

This is excatly why i am wanting to leave O2 due to shoddy customer service!!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So am thinking of leaving my contract early so went onto the live chat to ask how much it would be to terminate my contract.

I get a figure of £60.56 + VAT to terminate. As with all correspondances i get this emailed to myself.

I then ring the customer services to cancel and pay this figure only to be told that the figure is actually £135.87 + VAT. 

I went through the fact that i had gotten a figure by their Live chat, and they could see this conversation, but were not willing to uphold this figure.

This is stupid as i have a written confirmation of the cost, only for it to change!!

If you have a figure in writing, then whether it is the right amount or not isn't your concern.  You've been given a figure in writing - o2 have to stick to it.  I would escalate a complaint unless they accept the price they gave you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a figure in writing, then whether it is the right amount or not isn't your concern.  You've been given a figure in writing - o2 have to stick to it.  I would escalate a complaint unless they accept the price they gave you.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The written confirmation i have is in the form of the live chat transcript.

This should be sufficient right?

Message 3 of 10

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd be tempted to recorded mail in the cancellation (there's a guide to cancelling on here somewhere with the address) with a cheque for the original amount and include a printed copy of the conversation.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you need your PAC.  If you need that, you'll need to negotiate using the complaints process.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The written confirmation i have is in the form of the live chat transcript.

This should be sufficient right?

Best thing you could have.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
The conversation will be on your account notes so there should not be any need for you to provide any proof.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

The OP said that CS could see the Live Chat conversation but wouldn't uphold it, so it's probably best that they have physical proof of that Live Chat when and if it comes to them making a formal complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

The OP said that CS could see the Live Chat conversation but wouldn't uphold it, 

Ah, yes, just seen that bit - Strange that they wouldn't honour the price then as they must know they don't have a leg to stand on ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another example of live chat not being fit for purpose?

Live chat told me 3 times I was being upgraded to 5gb only for cs to say that was wrong. I complained above cs and I now have 5gb as live chat had got it wrong.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks to me like live chat have given the fast track upgrade fee perhaps, figures are about right.
Message 10 of 10