cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXTING in USA

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, i have contract with O2 unlimited text and i would like to know how much is gonna cost for any text or calls to Usa ?is it free for texting as it is here or not??if is not how much is going to cost per text ? Thank u slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Your allowances are for Uk use only.

I normally suggest having your phone unlocked to all networks which is free for contract customer or £15 for Payg (terms and conditions apply) and use a local SIM card to save in expensive bills.

If you do take your O2 sim then turn off voicemail by dial 1760 on your phone ,and use wifi when and where possible with turning off mobile data in your settings to stop costly data charges.

Unlock Form : https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

This link will show you the costs of using your phone abroad.

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/internationalhub

USA.

Standard Rates

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message costs 25p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in: Calling:

Making calls - per minute £1.10
Receiving calls - per minute 90p
Sending texts - per message 40p
Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage £6*
Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hey, i have contract with O2 unlimited text and i would like to know how much is gonna cost for any text or calls to Usa ?is it free for texting as it is here or not??if is not how much is going to cost per text ? Thank u slight_smile

For clarity or you asking how much to call and text the usa from the uk? Or when in the usa on hooliday etc?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds to me like from uk to USA but guess the op will be back
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It sounds to me like from uk to USA but guess the op will be back

It sounds the other way round to me to be honest.:smileyhappy:

We do need the OP to claify but perhaps they got the information they needed from the links supplied by @Anonymous ?

Message 5 of 5