Did you mean: 

Scam phone number

desmond
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

recently i made a very silly mistake.I am not very good in computers.I did not know i could speak to an O2 agent by calling 202.on the web i typed how to i speak to an O2 agent.

A telephone no. 09040124693 came up.when i called it was a faint tape sounding like "connect to your O2" or similar.I was put through to an official O2 agent.The call was cut off after 24minutes.fortunately the O2 official agent called me back and sorted my query.

Next day checking my bill i discovered a charge of £86( plus vat).

O2 are trying to help.

Has any one else had trouble with this scam number.

I feel so silly.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145994 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@desmond 

When you’re making a service call to 08, 09 and 118 numbers, the charge is split into two parts. There’s the access charge, which is what we charge you, per minute, for connecting the call. Then there’s the service charge, which is decided by the organisation you’re calling – so they have to make you aware of the charge. The total cost of the call will be the access charge, plus the provider’s service charge.

If you’re making a service call, you should check the prices with the provider. They’re often operated by third parties, so we can’t let you know when their prices change.

If you use O2 premium rate and customer service numbers we'll let you know about any pricing changes in the usual way, in accordance with our terms and conditions.

You'll be charged for at least 1 minute when you call a premium rate number.

Check the table to find out the access charge per minute for calling service numbers. Bear in mind that these aren’t part of your inclusive minutes on Pay Monthly tariffs or your free minutes allowance on Pay As You Go tariffs.

Service numbersPay Monthly access charge - per minPay As You Go access charge - per min
08*55p55p
0955p55p
11855p55p

These charges apply across all landlines and mobile phones - not just your O2 phone. Find out more.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/premium-service-checker#.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145994 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@desmond 

When you’re making a service call to 08, 09 and 118 numbers, the charge is split into two parts. There’s the access charge, which is what we charge you, per minute, for connecting the call. Then there’s the service charge, which is decided by the organisation you’re calling – so they have to make you aware of the charge. The total cost of the call will be the access charge, plus the provider’s service charge.

If you’re making a service call, you should check the prices with the provider. They’re often operated by third parties, so we can’t let you know when their prices change.

If you use O2 premium rate and customer service numbers we'll let you know about any pricing changes in the usual way, in accordance with our terms and conditions.

You'll be charged for at least 1 minute when you call a premium rate number.

Check the table to find out the access charge per minute for calling service numbers. Bear in mind that these aren’t part of your inclusive minutes on Pay Monthly tariffs or your free minutes allowance on Pay As You Go tariffs.

Service numbersPay Monthly access charge - per minPay As You Go access charge - per min
08*55p55p
0955p55p
11855p55p

These charges apply across all landlines and mobile phones - not just your O2 phone. Find out more.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/premium-service-checker#.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23391 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3726 Solutions

@desmond Hopefully customer service will be able to help you with this excessive charge, but in future, just so you know, aside from calling O2 on 202 from your mobile, other available numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support The numbers begin with either 0800, which are free to call, or with 03, which is local rate charges, but may also be included as free in your tariff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Sparky65
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i know how you feel check my bill an it was £242

Message 4 of 4