cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only on Blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, new to this so please excuse if I'm not one hundred per cent at it. My wife has a Blackberry which she uses mainly for text, facebook and messaging. The phone is now out of contract, and she 's talking about going sim only, to reduce the monthly cost. the thing is there are so many tariffs etc, I dont want to go for the cheapest if it means she can't access one of the things she uses. I've been looking at pay and go go at £10 pm. Is there anything on this tariff, that she would be missing for the Blackberry? Her current data usage per month is always zero. If this is successful, I'll go onto it myself with my galaxy s2 next month when mine is out of contract. Thanks for your patience, any any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I use the Pay as you go go go 4G £15 tariff which suits my needs and have used the 3g version too. This works by giving you an anniversary date and your top up of £10 would be taken on that anniversary date to pay for these allowances. They do not roll over.

If you have been with o2 already for 3 months then the allowances would double up straight away.

Just ask CS to put your contract account onto a Payg account so you keep the mobile number.

Or perhaps the unlimited tariffs on payg might surfice.

If one tariff does not work out then you can change the tariff to another one if you wish which would come into effect at your next anniversary date.

Here is the link to tariffs and more info can be found within MyO2.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I use the Pay as you go go go 4G £15 tariff which suits my needs and have used the 3g version too. This works by giving you an anniversary date and your top up of £10 would be taken on that anniversary date to pay for these allowances. They do not roll over.

If you have been with o2 already for 3 months then the allowances would double up straight away.

Just ask CS to put your contract account onto a Payg account so you keep the mobile number.

Or perhaps the unlimited tariffs on payg might surfice.

If one tariff does not work out then you can change the tariff to another one if you wish which would come into effect at your next anniversary date.

Here is the link to tariffs and more info can be found within MyO2.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great. Thanks very much for the info. I'll get on to O2 CS

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

Let us know how you decide to go perhaps.
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Bear in mind that if it's an older Blackberry that she would need a bolt on to access mail and Internet services should she ever need them.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
If you go down the PAYG route you must have the Blackberry Text & Web tariff if your wife needs to access data away from a wifi connection. If not, just the cheapest tariff will do.
Bear in mind though that your Galaxy uses data differently to the BB so you need to disable your mobile data connection, otherwise you will be charged for daily web use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6