Did you mean: 

Question about deposit and upgrade

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there.

I currently have two lines on my O2 account. 

When I initially added a second line a month or so ago I was told I needed to pay a deposit of £175, and this would be returned to me after 3 months of billing either as a credit on my account or a refund to my bank, which is fine.

However, if I upgrade that plan by paying off the device plan that's owed (currently £443) will I still get that initial deposit back after the 3rd month or is that classed as null and void if I pay off my device plan and upgrade? 

Also, I'm guessing if I pay off the device plan to upgrade my airtime plan still stays right? So I still have to pay my airtime plan for the device I'm upgrading from and then an airtime + device plan for the device I want to upgrade too? Is this correct? Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

An upgrade will not null your deposit so you will still get that back as a credit on your 4th bill (after 3 bill payments).

Also, the old airtime is wiped when you upgrade, so you'll just pay the new device and airtime plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

An upgrade will not null your deposit so you will still get that back as a credit on your 4th bill (after 3 bill payments).

Also, the old airtime is wiped when you upgrade, so you'll just pay the new device and airtime plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

jamieleewv1
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the swift response.

So I've currently paid month 1 of my bill, so if I upgraded early by paying off the device plan (£443) I'd still get my initial deposit for the initial plan back after month 2/3 have been paid, even though it's a different plan once I upgrade? 

Would this still be added automatically or would I need to contact O2 to add it?

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

Yes you would get it back as before and it should be automatically added to your balance but you may have to chase it.

Remember, it should be on your 4th bill.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4