cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin needed to use Thai SIM card

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am on vacation in bangkok i am looking to put in thai sim card but need pin code. for phone samsung 7 only.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
The phone will be locked to o2 SIMs only unless you have asked for, received and used the SIM unlock phone.
Assuming you are a pay monthly customer, put your o2 SIM back in the phone and log into My 02 app and request unlock code (while on WiFi).
Once you receive the code then you will need to insert the alternative SIM and enter the code you were given.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought the phone wold be triband or open too other sim cards.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

is there a package deal for thailand 2 week deal rather than be charging daily

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
The phone will be locked to o2 SIMs only unless you have asked for, received and used the SIM unlock phone.
Assuming you are a pay monthly customer, put your o2 SIM back in the phone and log into My 02 app and request unlock code (while on WiFi).
Once you receive the code then you will need to insert the alternative SIM and enter the code you were given.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145368 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
You'll probably be home before you get an unlock code though......
£4.99 a day to use O2 sim in Thailand.
Make sure you have O2 travel enabled.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad?=ppc
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Loads of free wifi in Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand. Using O2 Travel at £4.99/day is expensive over 2 weeks and using data is a truly awful experience. I use a Thai sim but if you got the phone from O2 it will be locked.

Try using the unlock option in My O2, you may get the code in a couple of days if you are lucky. Then get a Thai sim from any 7-11 store and choose a data package. Use either DTAC or TRUE sim cards.

Message 6 of 6