cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go Go Go SMALLPRINT

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only been with o2 for 3 weeks. I topped up with 10 to start with and took advantage of the Pay & Go Go Go tariff. I have since topped up with 20 within the same month and o2 claims that I have to wait until 17th May to access more minutes...??

So my question is : Where is it written in the terms and condition that you can only use ONE per month? Where does it say this? Now I have to pay 35p per minute until 17 May when I can access an offer again????

I think this is very poor o2.

Lastly, I had to switch on laptop because the mobile site doesn't work - it doesn't let you select a "Board" to post on.

I am thinking of changing to Orange already.... 😕

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do see your point kind of. I'm on the 4G pay as you go go go tariff.

However it's data I run out of which can be supplemented by a data bolt on.

Shame you can't add a bolt on for minutes too.

Now this could work.

Ring 4445 or use live chat and ask them to start your new allowances from midnight tonight.

You'll Lose what's remaining in your allowances now and they'll take the tariff amount from your credit and a new anniversary date will begin.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145078 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
This is known as your anniversary date and your allowances run for a month from the first top up. 30 days later becomes your anniversary date and the new allowances start providing you have topped up and have credit available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/3g-pay-and-go-go-go-terms-and-conditions and this  http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/pay-and-go-go-go#qs especially this paragraph

Your anniversary date

This is the date that you first top up, and will be the day that your mobile bundle resets. Here's how it works:

• You need to top up the minimum amount by this date to get your allowance – we'll send you a reminder text 4 days before
  • If you don't have enough credit, you won't get your allowance until you next top up – this will be your new anniversary date
  • If you don't have enough credit to cover your tariff and Bolt Ons, we'll activate your tariff first
  • If you top up more than you need, you can use the extra credit for things like Bolt Ons and international calls, or save it for next month
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145078 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Thanks Adam - I was just coming back with this link for the T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/3g-pay-and-go-go-go-terms-and-conditions.
PS website is working fine for me wrt posting etc......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the allowances are not enough it may be worth looking at the 30
Day or 12 month sim only tariffs O2 offer subject to a credit check.

Typically 30 day options are a tad more expensive than the 12 month ones.

Just another avenue to look at.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/all-tariffs
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your helpful replies. But I have read these documents and still feel that it is not clearly explained. It actually reads "If you don't have enough credit, you won't get your allowance until your next top up - this will be your new anniversay date"....Well, I have enough credit; because I've just put 20 on.

Shouldn't it just say "If you use up all your minutes, you've got to pay super expensive rates until you're 'allowed' your allowance again." ??

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do see your point kind of. I'm on the 4G pay as you go go go tariff.

However it's data I run out of which can be supplemented by a data bolt on.

Shame you can't add a bolt on for minutes too.

Now this could work.

Ring 4445 or use live chat and ask them to start your new allowances from midnight tonight.

You'll Lose what's remaining in your allowances now and they'll take the tariff amount from your credit and a new anniversary date will begin.
Message 7 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

so in my second link it say this also

You'll also be charged these rates if:

• You exceed your plan's limits

I think the linked page from support makes it very clear

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your helpful replies. But I have read these documents and still feel that it is not clearly explained. It actually reads "If you don't have enough credit, you won't get your allowance until your next top up - this will be your new anniversay date"....Well, I have enough credit; because I've just put 20 on.

Shouldn't it just say "If you use up all your minutes, you've got to pay super expensive rates until you're 'allowed' your allowance again." ??

Just because I have a warped sense of humour and the very same thing happened to me with anniversary

dates I actually was very amused by this comment @Anonymous 

Its so damn easy to forget these dates and then..as you say, pay OTT rates until you are 'allowed' your

allowance again LOLLOL

I am NOT laughing at you...but at myself for making the same mistake when I was PAYG Crazy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a follow up - I decided to try chatting to them. They have changed my anniversary date today! slight_smile

So technically I'll class that as solved.

Thanks all - let's just hope it's explained better in future.

Message 10 of 11