Did you mean: 

O2 has put Credit File in Default

Bhas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

We have taken a Broadband and Mobile connection and cancelled within cooling off period last year April. Customer Services mentioned that they have closed the account. However in a Mortgage Application we found that my wife account has been put as default by O2. We tried reaching Customer Services, which they quickly found the problem, recalled the application from debt collectors and applied Credit to make it 0. Customer Services mentioned that the Credit File will be corrected within 30-90 days. However, we received a secured message that the account is now written-off but there will not be any update to the Credit File. They asked us to contact Payment Management team for further information. When we reached the given number, it connects to Customer Services again and finally Credit Referral team. They mentioned that they acknowledge the mistake, but unable to help further. I cannot reach Payment Management Team to discuss why Credit File cannot be corrected. I spent hours calling Customer Services, explaining the problem who acknowledges but cannot help further.

Our Mortgage application is on hold until Default is removed. Not sure if Default is not removed it will impact our mortgages for next 6 years! I read that this is common issue with O2 and some people got it resolved in the past thru forums here. Looking for suggestions and ways to close this asap. Why would O2 not correct "Credit File - Default" if its not customer mistake. Please help! 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Bhas 

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Bhas 

Suite P
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bhas
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Welcome and good luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Katt
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

i am in the exact same situation and hoping you can point me in the right direction

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36287 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Follow the advice given above, @Katt -

Suite P