Did you mean: 

O2 SIM only upgrade after 6 months question

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. 

I've been with O2 almost 6 months on a SIM I only contract, originally I applied for a handset but they asked for a deposit or take our SIM only and upgrade after 6 months. I took the 2nd option. 

It now says I can upgrade in 4 days as I've almost hit 6 months. Is there another credit check with potential deposit involved? I've never missed a payment since I took out the SIM only. 

Also, the terms and conditions state the offer is only available in store or over the phone, not online, is this correct? Has anyone been on SIM only and upgraded after 6 months and done it online? Seems a bit daft if you can't do it via the app/website 🤔 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

A quick search of the forum would have seen this has been asked numerous times.

o2 reserve the right to do a credit check and affordability check, as you are taking out a regulated agreement, and as long as you have paid all your bills on time, and in full you should be ok. 

And it is upto o2 how they want you to do the upgrade, and you will need to contact the sales team, simple as. 

Until you try to do the upgrade then you wont know if a credit check happens.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

A quick search of the forum would have seen this has been asked numerous times.

o2 reserve the right to do a credit check and affordability check, as you are taking out a regulated agreement, and as long as you have paid all your bills on time, and in full you should be ok. 

And it is upto o2 how they want you to do the upgrade, and you will need to contact the sales team, simple as. 

Until you try to do the upgrade then you wont know if a credit check happens.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2