Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after number port - please help

orth0d
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I got a new o2 SIM only contract on 1st May 2023. I was given a new sim with a temporary O2 number which worked well when I inserted into my phone. I asked for my old GiffGaff number at the same time and the was informed porting will happen on 9th May after the bank holiday Monday which was the next working day. That was fine. Porting did happen yesterday on the 9th May 2023 as promised.

On the 9th morning, GiffGiaff disconnected me showing they have completed their side. I can see my old number has been updated in my O2 account. However, since yesterday 7 am I have no network connection for last 24 hours. The number showing in 'My o2', both on the app and website has changed from the temporary number to my ported number around lunchtime yesterday suggesting at least part of the o2 side of the process also seems to have completed. However I have no network connection since yesterday morning around 7.30 am. Rang O2 several times only to be fobbed off giving excuses – wait till 6 pm. 6 pm came and gone ...and this morning still has no network connection. No incoming or outgoing calls possible.

I have rebooted several times, and continue to do so. Other SIMs work fine in my phone.

It looks as though one of the last steps of the port, which I understand is to associate the updated account (after all the porting) with my current SIM, has not happened.

Customer service does not seem to be very understanding or willing to help. I was informed yesterday the issue "will be escalated". Not sure what that means. 

Will greatly appreciate any help as I work as a hospital doctor and it is essential I am contactable for the sake of others!!!

Thank you for reading 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

orth0d
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update…. thank you to the very kind lady at customer support who asked me to go to my local O2 shop for a sim swap. They were really helpful and problem solved after 2 days. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

You could do with a spot of help from the O2 Advisor on this morning, @orth0d - can you help, @O2Ryan?

Message 2 of 7

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 7

orth0d
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

just on the phone but the lady once again does not seem to understand. thank you 

Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

You should have a Private Message from @O2Ryan now too, @orth0d - all the best!

Message 5 of 7

orth0d
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Had a private message requesting my number. Nothing else has happened so far. Still no network connection. Thank you 

Message 6 of 7

orth0d
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update…. thank you to the very kind lady at customer support who asked me to go to my local O2 shop for a sim swap. They were really helpful and problem solved after 2 days. 

Message 7 of 7