cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Wondering if you could help me - I am a long time O2 customer and looking to purchase a further handset but have some concerns as I have extended family staying with me currently I don't wan't any letters sent out containing confidential details incase I'm working away so it's not lying around or opened by unwanted eyes!

The reason I ask is previously O2 have sent out the paper copy of the contract 4-7 days after the handset and that'll be problematic for me as I'll be around when I'm looking to receive the phone but out the country from the next day onwards.

I wondered if its possible just to have everything sent to my email address on file and no paper copies?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I "think" it's a legal requirement to send you a hard copy of the contract as with all fixed term service agreements. You could see if collecting from store is an option but when I did this last I still got paperwork through mail.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I "think" it's a legal requirement to send you a hard copy of the contract as with all fixed term service agreements. You could see if collecting from store is an option but when I did this last I still got paperwork through mail.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, thought as much!

Although been told by 3 seperate sales staff on live chat that I can opt to receive it by email only....case of telling you what you want to hear!

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will usually send you a letter detailing what tarrif your on and how much it costs per month I've never had a complete copy of the contract come through the post
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum,

I would you suggest that you make contact with o2's Uk Customer Service from your mobile phone on 202 ,to ask the question about your situation.

They may be able to place a note on your account etc.

Online Live a Chat are fine for low level general enquiries but not IMO when it's in connection to Account enquiries.

Take care.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Your t&c are at the bottom of this page and on all o2 pages just click the links and chose the relevant t&c

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145198 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
The only time you get a full wad of paperwork is if you do the purchase in store, otherwise you just get a summary sheet through the post after about 10 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123471 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The only time you get a full wad of paperwork is if you do the purchase in store, otherwise you just get a summary sheet through the post after about 10 days.

This is what happened with mine. ordered via CS over the phone. T&C's explained at the point of

purchase. Phone arrived with receipt and 7 days later one sheet of paper itemising contract details etc

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I said I've done the deal in store and still only got a letter explaining the deal not the whole contract
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here as @Anonymous although difference here is that I got mine through CPW and the contract was given to me in store. O2 sent me a single page with the basics I.e name address number and I think dd details as confirmation.

So it does depend what the OP deems as sensitive info given their circumstances.
Message 10 of 15