cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightwater mast faulty and o2 blaming landlord MOD for no access

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Lightwater mast at site 3536 (GU15) has been faulty for a few weeks now and local o2 customers are getting little or no signal. I tried the TuGo app - it's next to useless. 

All enquiries regarding status updates both in person and on the phone to o2 have been met with the answer that the site landlord (in this case the MOD) is denying access to the site, as a protest about the installation of a 4g mast. 

We have been continually told that o2 are applying for access to the site and are being ignored or denied.

I contacted Landmarc, the land agents for the MOD today and asked why they were not allowing o2 engineers on to the site. 

This is what they said: 
"The leasing of land for aerials and masts, including subsequent access for maintenance, is managed directly by the Defence Infrastructure Organisation. We have been in touch with the local team and they have confirmed that MOD is not denying access to any phone masts on the training estate. We hope this helps."

So o2, is the landlord stopping you access the site or not? According to them, there is no issue. So please can someone explain why we have been told this is the reason for the past few weeks? 

As a Pay Monthly customer, I object strongly to paying for a service I am not receiving. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23222 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Call customer service and tell them what the land agents have said, or offer to send the reply to them. If you get no joy there, lodge a formal complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum, regretfully O2 don't read this forum.

Your only solution is to contact customer services or follow the complaints procedure.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Have already sent it to them. We are putting it everywhere in the hope that they eventually take notice! 

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93258 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It seems to me that by following the complaints route you may well have good grounds for a penalty free termination of contract.

Message 5 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Head. Please send me a private message and I'll talk to the rest of the team about this. Welcome to the community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

And another problem which the Community Admin shouldn't have to get involved in if other O2 Depts did their job properly.

Hope you get a bonus @Toby for every one you have chase up wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 7