cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International bolt on charge if starting mid way through billing month ?

Divad86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I want to add the international bolt on to my account @ £3 / month. However I have 9 days until my next bill is due and from reading all the terms and conditions I am still unsure if I will be charged £3 for the 9 days and then £3 for each bill after that ?

Or will the first bolt on be pro-rated for the 9 days only e.g. £0.87 ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10189 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Divad86 

It should be pro-rated, but it may also not start until your next billing date, best thing to do is speak to o2 on 0344 809 0202 or 202

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Divad86
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, phoned 202 and although the guy did not sound 100% certain he advised that if I activated the bolt on today I would be charged £3 on the next bill and subsequent bills until removed.

So it would appear that any 'part' month used before the start or remaining when the bolt on is cancelled is irrelevant and will incur a full months cost. i.e. £3.

Therefore it is more cost effective to start the international bolt on near the start of that months billing date and if cancelling do so near the end of that months billing date.  

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Divad86 

You can use WhatsApp to call anyone else in the World with WhatsApp for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Divad86
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but mostly required for calls to businesses (Landlines) so WhatsApp not applicable.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

No worries @Divad86 

The T&C's suggest that partial months will be charged pro rata.

O2 | International Bolt On | Terms and Conditions |

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Divad86
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes can see that but only stated in the un-subscribe section ;

"

• How to get the International Bolt On: You can purchase the International Bolt On at any time. To OPT IN to the International Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword “INTBOLTON” to 23336or call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. You can also opt in via My O2.
  • How to unsubscribe from the International Bolt On: You can opt out of the International Bolt On anytime by providing us with 30 days' notice. To OPT OUT of the International Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "INTBOLTOFF” to 23336 or call free on 2202 from your O2 mobile. You can also opt out via My O2 as well. When you unsubscribe, your International Bolt On will be removed from your account within 24 hours and your monthly subscription charged will be pro-rated accordingly. 

"

and also what does the 30 days notice mean ?

Anyway only 7 days from new bill so will wait until then to add.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5718 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Divad86 wrote:

>>> and also what does the 30 days notice mean ?

I have no idea @Divad86 ; that paragraph seems to contradict itself by mentioning 30 days' notice but then going on to say that "...your International Bolt On will be removed from your account within 24 hours..." 😂

But there are many other examples of contradictory information on the O2 website ! 👍 

Message 8 of 8