cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much longer???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently changed from PAYG to pay monthly... I received my new pay monthly SIM this morning, followed all the instructions, was informed by one of the Gurus that my phone would lose service and then I would have to swap SIMs over, also transferring my current number to new SIM... Within an hour my phone had lost service, so I swapped the SIM, restarted my phone and the service came back... But my number has not been transferred over and the phone number I want to keep is now saying it has been disconnected when you try to call it... How much longer will have I to wait until my number gets swapped over?

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It can take up to 24 hours but to be honest it normally takes only an hour after the original sim has been disconnected. Keep rebooting the phone and if the number hasn't been transferred by morning you need to call customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It can take up to 24 hours but to be honest it normally takes only an hour after the original sim has been disconnected. Keep rebooting the phone and if the number hasn't been transferred by morning you need to call customer service.

Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123392 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It's normally quite quick. Mine went through immediately...but can take 24 hrs. Give customer services a call if not happened within that time http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Last one I did was 4 hours after the old sim turned off.
Keep restarting the phone to help it along.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you do the swap online or Instore as usually Instore you'll be connected before you've even walked out of the door
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Online, almost 5 hours ago... Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Be patient but which form did you use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't, the person I spoke to on live chat apparently sent a request to swap my number... I would do it again myself but I'm no longer able to use my phone number as it has been disconnected.
Message 9 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous I wouldn't trust what Live Chat has said they will do. You obviously have internet access so you can do the swap yourself through this link: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 22