cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving a PAC code to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know most of the PAC code posts here are about how to get a PAC code from O2, but can anyone advise how to give O2 a PAC code from another network?  I'm joining and want to keep my number from my old network.  I looked on the help and it said put the PAC code on your order form -- but there wasn't anywhere to do that.  I then found a page for giving it, but it wants to know the date of my last O2 bill.  I haven't got a last O2 bill because I'm a new customer!

I'm sure this must be simple, but it doesn't seem to be obvious...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144576 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
Easiest way is to call cs on 202 contract or 4445 payg and give it to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144576 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
Easiest way is to call cs on 202 contract or 4445 payg and give it to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me yesterday as also new customer with SIM only deal - purchased from Carphone warehouse who blithely told me to "just call O2 on 202 to register your PAC code"  and yet... 202 doesn't work from a landline or from a mobile that's not yet connected to O2 network,   (well not from my back up vodaphone or from EE who I was leaving) . I was expecting just to be able to enter it online but tried really hard and couldn't find this facility. You have to dig deep in the website to get an actual  phone number at all (I was a dutiful customer and did commence by trying to get help via online help search but in frustration ended up selecting, "complaints"  in order to get my PAC code across to an 02 customer service operative.Not a great first contact experience , which leaves me thinking;  have I made the right choice leaving EE for O2? Here's hoping... . This is the customer service number I used:

+44 344 8090202Mon-Fri 08:00-21:00
Sat 08:00-20:00
Sun 08:00-18:00
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123060 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry you had so many problems but all the phone numbers including those from a landline are in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144576 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
CPW should have connected your new sim with a temp number which would have enabled you to call 202.
Your poor first impressions should be directed towards CPW, not O2.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It seems you have been let down initially by CPW. ...hope you get this sorted soon. 

Message 6 of 6