cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excessive bill due to phone being mistakenly left on, and no warning received when monthly limit reached.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144966 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
Seems to a spate of this just lately.
You're the third one in 2 days !
Try calling CS and explain your mistake and see if they will refund some or all of the costs as a goodwill gesture.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144966 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
See this recent thread also for advice http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Very-Large-Call-Charge/td-p/918035
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Best of luck. As @MI5 has said we have seen this happen a few times this weekend....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Heck, three in a couple of days. Has something changed and is there now going to be lots of similar issues? Hope not...

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144966 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
Yes, does seem strange to get a sudden rush.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lynemac,

Can totally relate to your situation, same scenario on 30/09, text message next morning advising me that all my monthly call allowance had gone and I had a charge of just under £174 + VAT of course, what a shock !

See my message thread earlier under "tiffy2".

O2 certainly don't make communication easy, their e-mail system is now suspended, I first tried the phone call route, no joy there, see my blog, then the live chat option, this was better, currently under investigation which advised could take up to 5 days, really not expecting any results from that either.

I have admitted from the outset that the error was with myself and/or the person I called, collection of circumstances, somehow managed not to hang up properly and ended up with a 12 hour + duration call.

From the live chat advisor I am lead to believe that the only consideration I am likely to receive is help with paying the bill, ie., stage payments on my future monthly bills.

Sincerely hope you have better luck with your case.

I believe the root cause of these situations, apart from user error, is the fact that O2 won't permit call charge capping on their system, why should they, from recent forum messages it appears to be a nice little earner for their business, don't suppose this will change until sufficient subscribers vote with their feet and move to a provider, of which there are many, who does support call charge capping.

On a positive note, the forum members have been fantastic and offered lots of support and good advice, in my case this was and still is very much appreciated.

Again good luck,

Tiffy2

Message 7 of 7