cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty in changing to a SIM only tariff...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Apologies for the length of this post....and I hope it makes sense...

I've been an o2 customer for many years (in fact when it was btcellnet!)...anyway. I got an iphone 5 on a 24 month contract which finished around September/October 2014. I didnt upgrade to a new phone or change my contract, i let it slip and carried on paying the same monthy amount (as if I was still paying for my 'phone). I decided to investigate, only a few days ago, what options I had to change my tarrif and decided that I wanted to stay with o2, keep my same number and go for SIM only on a rolling monthly tarriff (not a 24 month SIM only)...sounded like something I could manage to do (Im not that techy). I signed in to my account, found the right SIM only tarrif for me, then wanted to double check that I could make the change without changing my number so i had a live chat with am o2 Guru. I thought my requirements had been understood, but it would seem not....a couple of days later i received a new SIM in the post, which was a pay monthly SIM and with a new number...NOT what I'd asked for...so I had a live chat with another Guru last night, this time it definately seemed that my request was understood , saying that i could keep my number and SIM that I already have in my phone and they would complete the change from pay monthly to rolling 30 day SIM only within 24 hours....it has now been more than 24 hours and I have had no service on my mobile since last night....it's too late to have another live chat (it's offline)... Ive checked my account on line and it shows my number and that I am still on my same pay monthly tarrif...am i being impatient ? I don't know what to do? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145112 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
You need to do a sim swap to use the new sim but there's no reason why you cannot carry on with your old sim as all changes will be on the o2 system.
Tariffs will only update when the systems run their maintenance routine over night.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply...I will be patient and wait another night then....!
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123403 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Here's the link to swap your sim....

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Additionally if you need to contact customer services we would suggest you phone and speak to someone from this next link.

Probably live chat haven't dealt with your request fully http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you... I agree, i don't think Live Chat have dealt with my request fully. I think I will call o2 tomorrow if I wake up with no service on my phone still.
Thanks for the replies.
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Always best to speak to Customer Service rather than rely on Live Chat, particularly when it comes to anything to do with your account. Please come back and let us know how you got on. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145112 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
If you are using the new sim it will be no service unless you sim swap online.
If your tariff changes over in your My O2 just continue to use your old sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Good luck with this. It sounds like live chat have messed up. Best to ring early morning.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community! I hope you were able to sort this out. Don't hesitate to come back here if you have any other questions.

If you don't need help, but just want to discuss something or give feedback you can do it here  or if you want to have fun some join us here 

See you around! wink

Message 9 of 9