Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from pay monthly to pay as you go

Gary23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, ok so this is probably really simple.  I am currently on a pay monthly tariff costing around £24 per month. I wish to switch to a £10 per month pay as you go rolling plan whilst keeping my number. Can you please advise the best way to achieve this? From what I can see, I buy the PAYGO sim and request O2 to transfer over my PAC / number.  I assume this can be done to a PAYGO from a monthly.  I've had the same number for around 15-20 years so reluctant to start messing with new numbers. Many thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10342 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

@Gary23 

You will need to make sure you are out of contract , otherwise you will need to pay termination fees. Then call o2 and ask to move to Pay As You Go.  

If you go and buy a PAYG sim follow the guide below.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10342 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

@Gary23 

You will need to make sure you are out of contract , otherwise you will need to pay termination fees. Then call o2 and ask to move to Pay As You Go.  

If you go and buy a PAYG sim follow the guide below.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Gary23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your respsonse. Yes I am out of contract so hopefully fairly straight forward then.  I think my main concern was that they wouldn't let me take my number from a pay monthly to PAYGO tariff, especially since they effectively would be losing money as there is a £14 per month price difference and actually getting more data on the rolling plan!!.  Once again many thanks.

Message 3 of 3