cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Contract and my O2 family/friends now being charged?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi all, Big change day for me today! Have taken the plunge and transferred to Contract phone. I wanted to keep existing number and was told by CS this would all be happening from midnight tonight. Bit of a shock then when my first text to new phone (old number) came through at 4.30pm. I thought oohh yippee its all gone through....However a problem is now occurring that my O2 friends/family (on PAYG) are suddenly being charged to phone and text me?Is this some sort of glitch, because i was assured that my changeover wouldnt affect these O2 contacts?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27844 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours for the change over to complete fully (including all the hidden bits such as this). Check again tomorrow and if still not properly transferred give CS a free call on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27844 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours for the change over to complete fully (including all the hidden bits such as this). Check again tomorrow and if still not properly transferred give CS a free call on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It can often take 24 hours for your number to re-register on the new platform when migrating from P&G to Monthly or vice-versa. O2 will recredit friends and family accounts if they contact customer service.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff, hope you're enjoying your new phone :). The advice the other guys have given you is spot on. If you're still experiencing problems tomorrow pm me and I'll give you a call.
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Thanks all...great to have such quick replies! Will be contacting all my lot to update them (my son used £4.00 credit after he phoned me) PS my other half is mightily impressed at the 'rapid response' of you all. Thanks again. I will review again tomorrow and let you know slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123413 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi All, Just to let you know that the above problem is now sorted!! My O2 contacts are no longer being charged to call or text me...so let the fun begin. Thanks again Perksie, MI5 and PabloSmiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie... Sorry it was you I meant to thank on that problem (my eyes aren't what they used to be !) By the way if you are reading this post..please be assured it IS Cleoriff writing under this unwanted alias of Bugsymalone. I have sent a PM to Toby and Leonard and hoping to get my name back soon!

Message 8 of 8