Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my mind about iPad Air order but made upfront payment

JPWPhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could please help me urgently?

I was in the process of ordering an iPad Air and have got fairly far into the process, but have now changed my mind as I was reviewing all the legal stuff and it's all made me worry a lot (I'm Autistic!). I now want to back out of the whole thing. However, I've both made a £20 upfront payment already and have been e-mailed copies of various legal documents and stuff (even though I haven't completed the entire process!). I was just wondering if there's any way of cancelling everything and getting the upfront payment back, please?

I did also check and the whole order was still sitting in my Basket, which I've now emptied too.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

If you didn't complete the checkout process there will be no order to cancel.

Your payment will be a pending transaction and will be returned to your cleared funds within a few days.

However, as you will have just been credit checked, a further order will result in another credit check and will most likely be refused.

You would be well advised to wait a month before trying O2 again or go elsewhere to buy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you

See links below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

Message 2 of 7

JPWPhoenix
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! I'll try and contact them through Twitter or something. I'd rather do it online, rather than on the phone due to my Autism.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

JPWPhoenix
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was unsuccessful with trying to message someone through either Twitter or Facebook. I've had another think about everything and might go through with the order after all. However, as I've probably got to restart everything, I don't want to risk having to pay the £20 upfront cost again or have multiple contracts for the same device somehow.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@JPWPhoenix 

If you didn't complete the checkout process there will be no order to cancel.

Your payment will be a pending transaction and will be returned to your cleared funds within a few days.

However, as you will have just been credit checked, a further order will result in another credit check and will most likely be refused.

You would be well advised to wait a month before trying O2 again or go elsewhere to buy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

JPWPhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, thanks for letting me know, especially about the credit check thing. I'll have to leave it all for now then, just to be on the safe side.

Message 7 of 7