Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Not with O2 but you can with Tesco, which runs on O2 network. If your son is finding it difficult to control, maybe pay as you go would be better for him?

Or switch to one of the new contracts with unlimited calls and texts......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi if Your on contract when all the data is used in the allowance it'll stop.

However their is no cap for minutes or texts I'm afraid.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144775 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

Not with O2 but you can with Tesco, which runs on O2 network. If your son is finding it difficult to control, maybe pay as you go would be better for him?

Or switch to one of the new contracts with unlimited calls and texts......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

As you haven't said he has racked up bills and I presume is on a new contract, and perhaps past the 7 day cooling off period, then possibly sit down with him and come to an agreement or he could lose access to the facility. 

Message 4 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

My contract gives me 600 minutes of post-paid calls, surely he can't be exceeding this amount of time each month. This was one of the O2 refresh contracts and I don't know if this is the same for all O2 contracts. I know 3 offers realistic limits however I am neither recommending or disregarding them (disclaimer out of the way then).

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get 400 min's on my big bundle payg. My daughter can easily eat her way through them. Young ones have so much to say but usually text away like mad too.  Bouncy

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem, my daughter has just clocked up an extra £11 through picture messages!! brand new contract, didnt get charged this with virgin, so i will be letting my daughter know, 1 1/2 months too late, kids!!!

Virgin lets you cap from £20, but they will charge you if you go over ANY data or text

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Maybe you should ask your daughter to read through this guide about MMS...(picture messages and emoji's)....which are always chargeable

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9