cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling and moving company

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2 community

I am new to this and happy to receive any feedback.

I used to be an O2 pay & go customer for 5yrs then took a contract with O2 with loyalty discount.

Sadly having to leave O2 as I have seen a better deal with a competitor (3)

I am now out of contract and my statements now charge me the loyalty discount. My monthly cost has now doubled to £30 which includes 100mins & unlimited text & 100mb data.

Network 3 are offereing 100mins & 5000text & unlimited data fot £17 & free hanset (samsung galaxy s3 mini)

Can anyone tell me how much notice I need to give O2 before I leave?

My contract ended in September 2013.

Many thanks to O2 Community

slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

MI5's linked to my handy guide. As you are out of contract you either want to terminate by calling 202 and requesting a PAC which you will then give to 3 who will arrange to transfer your number which will automatically terminate service with O2 or if you don't want to keep your number send a letter by recorded delivery.

Before committing to 3 you may want to pick up one of their PAYG sims and trying out their signal for a couple of weeks in the areas you use your phone in. These can be ordered from their website (I would link but I highly doubt O2 would like it if I did).

I got my 4S contract on 3 and have just terminated it coming back to O2. 3's signal at my house was absoultely terrible despite a transmitter not being that far away. If you get signal the network is good and can be quite fast for data but it is best to check to make sure you have signal before committing. Last thing you want is to leave O2 for what on paper looks to be a better deal only to find you can't use the service and you are stuck with it for 2 years!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
30 days.

Do this via 202 and in writing by recorded delivery.

Or ask for you PAC code and when the other network uses it this will commence the shut down of your O2 contract and move your number over.

O2 will then let you know whether you have fulfilled any contractual agreement you may

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Sorry to see you go and ensure your new network gives you good signal where you live , work and commute. A better tariff us not much good without good solid signal to back it up.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
Full and detailed instructions here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

MI5's linked to my handy guide. As you are out of contract you either want to terminate by calling 202 and requesting a PAC which you will then give to 3 who will arrange to transfer your number which will automatically terminate service with O2 or if you don't want to keep your number send a letter by recorded delivery.

Before committing to 3 you may want to pick up one of their PAYG sims and trying out their signal for a couple of weeks in the areas you use your phone in. These can be ordered from their website (I would link but I highly doubt O2 would like it if I did).

I got my 4S contract on 3 and have just terminated it coming back to O2. 3's signal at my house was absoultely terrible despite a transmitter not being that far away. If you get signal the network is good and can be quite fast for data but it is best to check to make sure you have signal before committing. Last thing you want is to leave O2 for what on paper looks to be a better deal only to find you can't use the service and you are stuck with it for 2 years!

Message 4 of 4