Cancelling an Virgin/O2 Contract

HeavyRain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm posting this for my 87yr old mum.

She's got Virgin TV and landline. She also has a mobile contract which was taken out with Virgin, but now I understand is with O2.  She's also got another mobile with a different provider (iD Mobile) which she's had for 3 years and just wants to cancel her old phone O2 contract which she pays about £8 monthly for. Doesn't want to keep the number, and the phone is hers. Just wants it gone. (Her old phone is just a little Nokia button phone. She was bought a smartphone and is now confident enough with it to get rid of her old phone).

She says she phoned Virgin who said they'd put her through to O2, but no-one answered after 30mins. I did a bit of Googling and told her to phone O2 on 202. She says she thinks it was an automated voice asking for a security code, but she didn't know what this was. She tried what it she thought it could be but this didn't work. I've got logged in to her O2 account for her, but I can't see an option to cancel in there.

How does she cancel this contract easily?

Thanks.
PS. I did post this issue on the Virgin Community forum. A suggestion was to text for a STAC, and give this to iD Mobile. I'm just worried that the phone she now uses will get messed up after she's been using it for 3 years. Plus you need a 'transaction code'. This wasn't in the joining emails as they said it should be.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6615 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Did you post on the Virgin Community about this?

I was the one who suggested STAC  Have you tried that from her old phone for her?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3