cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled over the phone but O2 are still sending me monthly bills?!

DidcotJM92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a dongle and a rolling monthly 02 SIM as I needed to get temporarily online while my broadband was being fixed. I called and cancelled on April 23rd, and was told there would be an early cancellation fee but that at least everything would be done and I wouldn't need to contact O2 again. I agreed, it was about £18 to cancel it all. 

Now O2 are messaging me saying I have full bills of about £36 for both May and June?! Did the agent fail to put my cancellation through properly? I'm not going to pay as surely I can use that call recording as evidence if they start trying to say I didn't give proper notice?

Posting on here as I don't have hours to waste on the phone with them. Hoping someone can help or has experience similar. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145791 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@DidcotJM92 

A common story unfortunately, but all you can do is persevere with O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Try contacting on the socials in the link.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6932 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

All I can say is we do get a number of posts where cancelling by phone seems not to have worked.

We can help here as the Community is comprised of customers and there is no O2 input.

This may help

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

You have to push them but the social media route seems to get the best results

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

DidcotJM92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - will try the socials. I'll SAR them for that call recording if they try to make me pay the bill. 

Message 4 of 6

DidcotJM92
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I'll try the socials as suggested by MI5 too. I'll SAR them for that call recording if they try to make me pay the bill. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145791 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

Good luck @DidcotJM92 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6