cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to fulfill the offer I was given with my new contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'd like to start by saying I'm not happy with the service I have received so far. I have been passed from pillar to post and no one has taken ownership of this at all. I will keep it as brief as possible.

9th Apr - took out upgrade offer (HTC One M8)  and was told I would be given £100 House of Fraser vouchers. I was advised I would receive them within 28 days

14th Apr - phone arrive

2nd May- receive a flier telling me I had to go online to request voucher using a code on the flier by 1st May

3rd May - initiate chat with O2 who advise me there will be no problem getting the issue resolved, but I'd need to go in store. I go instore (I have to wait 45 minutes to speak to a Guru) and am told they cant do anything. I'm put through to the customer services helpline who tell me I have to speak to HTC as the offer is with them. The offer to call me back and connect me on Tuesday when they're back in the office.

6th May - I'm connected to TLC who have been dealing with the offer on behalf of HTC. I'm advised they need to speak to someone and will call me back. I'm called back an hour later telling me there's nothing they can do as the date has expired and all the vouchers are gone, and to contact O2 if I'm no happy.

I'm not happy. I dont tend to pay an upfront cost for a phone, but was persuaded to do it this time as I would be compensated with the gift vouchers. At no point during my upgrade call was I told it was a first come first serve situation, or that I would have to do anything to claim the voucher (I believed it was being sent in the post).

I would like to know what you are going to do about this, as far as I'm concerned, you have failed to fulfil your obligation.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-100-pound-house-of-fraser-gift-card-with-htc-one... State you should have received the leaflet with the phone.

So using your timeline above as the start of the complaint I would use the words that you did not receive the leaflet as stated in the promotion T&C and as it arrived after the cut of date therefore o2 have breached the T&C of the promotion and the only reason you pruchased the phone in the first place.

Asking for the resolution of either the £100 card as promised at point of order (which was before the midnight deadline) or o2 to provide £100 credit on your account.

Do let us know how you get on .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

We are all customers here like you.

You could PM Toby who is O2 staff who may be able to assist.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444
I'd put it all in writing officially.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly we are all customers here I would raise a formal complaint using the complain link at the bottom of this page.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Hi Iain, unfortunately we are all just customers here but the only advice I can give is to escalate the issue through the complaints dept....
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-100-pound-house-of-fraser-gift-card-with-htc-one... State you should have received the leaflet with the phone.

So using your timeline above as the start of the complaint I would use the words that you did not receive the leaflet as stated in the promotion T&C and as it arrived after the cut of date therefore o2 have breached the T&C of the promotion and the only reason you pruchased the phone in the first place.

Asking for the resolution of either the £100 card as promised at point of order (which was before the midnight deadline) or o2 to provide £100 credit on your account.

Do let us know how you get on .

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all!
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very welcome.

wink

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does say there are only 3500 available and when they are gone they are gone
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears o2 doesnt care abouts its customers new or old

I just got a PAYG Samsung Tab 3 8.0 Tablet with 3GB of data preloaded and a free cover (All I got was a pre-opened box with the tablet inside and a sim.)   - having activated the sim - surprise surprise no data pre-loaded.  Wher was the free cover - didnt get that either.  O2 online chat advised to return the tablet  (having waited 2 weeks for it -were they kidding!)  Customer services couldnt see the offer which is still on their website. "useless" best waste of £314 ever  (Should have gone for the £299 for the tablet only)

How impressed of this great service as a new Customer, NOT is the word I would use

Yes this is a forum discussed amongst customers for customers - do you have a good deal, have they let you down with misleading offers?  You have a voice use it.....  Needless to say I cant be a brand champion for an organisation that doesnt care or honour its packages. 

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Tbh I wouldn't have accepted a unit with its box seal opened.

I would speak to Cs via telephone and push for what you should get.

The online complaint procedure is here if required.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 10 of 11