Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Sim - Help!

Ilovetech
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an Honor 8X but it is only 3G which will be phased out by end of 2024 so I am buying an HONOR X8 5G Smartphone, SIM-Free Unlocked Android Mobile Phone.
Can anybody tell me which 5G O2 pay-as-you-go Sim I need? I'm 83 and confused! From the O2 website it looks as though you have pay at least £10 a month for pay-as-you-go. I have low usage. £10 would last me over a year.
Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

As to the 3G phase out it will end this year on Vodafone, and be finally phased out on EE and Three sometime next year. O2 have not given us any plans as to what they are doing. I suspect it will be around longer than the others.

Your SIM will work on 4G which can be handled nicely by your new phone and I suspect will do all that you require.

4G will be around for a long time as the present 5G needs it to work!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

O2 only have the Big Bundle sims and yes the cheapest tariff is £10 per month

What tariff is your current sim because all O2 sims are 4G capable ? Can you not use that?

If you are in a 5G area then the local O2 store will swap your sim free of charge

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145194 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions

@Ilovetech 

O2 do not offer 5g on PAYG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

As to the 3G phase out it will end this year on Vodafone, and be finally phased out on EE and Three sometime next year. O2 have not given us any plans as to what they are doing. I suspect it will be around longer than the others.

Your SIM will work on 4G which can be handled nicely by your new phone and I suspect will do all that you require.

4G will be around for a long time as the present 5G needs it to work!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4