Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Services are literally USELESS

TJN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SICK TO DEATH of calling 4445 to complain that nothing has been done about the complaint I have already asked to be resolved four or five or six times, (taking several hours of my time).

No one EVER knows how to resolve the problem.  All they can EVER do is try to tansfer you to someone else.  Then you get cut off - EVERY TIME!!!

Have been trying to get a refund for a handset I ordered on click & collect in MARCH LAST YEAR for two hours today.  Been cut off FIVE TIMES!!!  Shop refused to give me my handset because I have 14 items of identification, but no photo I.D.!!!

Spent 20 to 25 hours trying to get my refund in 2022 (over twelve or fifteen attempts).  Got cut off a dozen or more times.  Promised my refund would be processed three separate times.  Promised someone would call me back five or six times.

Refund never received.

No call back ever received.

Gave up trying for 8 months until today.

Same useless response.  USELESS.  USELESS.  USELESS.

USELESS!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6923 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

I'll tag one of the Account Advisors who will be on duty tomorrow morning.

Watch out for a message from them

@O2Ryan can you look at this for @TJN 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One advisor today, (25 minutes into the call), told me she would transfer me to someone who knew what they were talking about (big laugh!). 

She then proceeded to transfer me back to the automated answering system, (which asked me to confirm various details over and over again - as usual). 

After going through the tedious, faulty, inadequate automated answering system one more time, and finally getting to speak to an actual person, 15 seconds into the conversation, the line went dead and I was cut off AGAIN!!!

Message 3 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

10 minutes into one call to 4445 in the automated answering system, the recorded voice said, "Next time, try calling 4445 instead to get what you need more quickly."

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

Message 4 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My original click & collect order (fully paid by debit card, but no handset and no refund after MONTHS of chasing to get my money back), is still showing as an incomplete order in my My o2 account "Recent Orders".  Saying "Ready to collect".

The shop refused to accept my debit card (used to pay for the handset) as proof of I.D.  Even though I had a copy of my order, AND a copy of my order confirmation email.  Not to mention the mobile phone linked to the account, two more debit cards, my paper driving licence, my expired passport, a council tax bill, three utility bills, a bank statement, and my birth certificate. 

They told me they could hold the handset for seven days. 

When I went back two days later with another pocketful of identification, they told me the handset had already been returned, and if I wanted a refund, I had to contact o2 and arrange it myself. 

That was on 28th March 2022!!! 

I have wasted something like 20 to 25 hours of my life attempting to recover the money they have taken from me.

COMPLETELY USELESS AND TOTALLY INCOMPETENT are not strong enough words to describe this ramshackle bunch of dim-witted chancers.

Message 5 of 18

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6923 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

@TJN  Wait for @O2Ryan to contact you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10369 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3043 Solutions

@TJN 

Why didn't you just do a chargeback  via your bank?? You would have had the money back a long time ago... 

Also the rules on ID are quite clear I am afraid.. always Photo ID, as you could have stolen the debit card, and then bought goods... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What's a "chargeback".

I'm an accountant and I've never heard of a "chargeback".

Message 8 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had to provide photographs, my birth certificate, and the endorsement of a "professional person" validating that my photographs are a true likeness, in order to obtain BOTH of my old passports.

For some unfathomable reason, that's good enough for the British Home office, and 200+ other countries, but not good enough for o2!!!

If I was in the business of forging passports, I'd have enough intelligence to forge ones that were still in date!

Message 9 of 18

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you explain what the 30 million of British people with no photo I.D. are supposed to do?

I could have paid the delivery charge to have the phone delivered directly to my home address.

Do you think o2 would have been knocking at my door with my new phone in their hands, asking to see some "photo I.D."?

I think this one fact alone is proof of the utter incompetence of the company.

Message 10 of 18