Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't process bank payment

DamienV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I came over to O2 thinking the customer service couldn't be worse than EE. hold my hat.  I have just put the SIM card in this morning and downloaded the app.  When I try putting £10 onto my account it comes back saying "Can't process "  There is NOTHING wrong with my bank card.  I have phoned CS 2 times this morning.  The first guy (in India) was more interested in trying to sell me a package, he left me on the phone for 15 mins with some piped music from hell (I guess at least it wasn't Vivaldi's four seasons).  I hung up, guy knows nothing of phone etiquette.  I phoned a second time (another person in India) This one was more interested in why and what previous provider I was last with (I want to know what was her last brand of cornflakes she last had) Rude.  She went on to say that I should leave it an hour and try again.  I know a fob off when I hear one.  Just like EE it appears that O2 also have NO clue to what they are doing.  All I want is £10 on my account, I DONT want a bundle or any extras JUST what I'm supposed to be able to order, £10.  My bank details are correct the card is working.  If O2 can't provide this, are there ANY trustworthy Mobile providers in the UK that have at least a half decent Customer Service?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10283 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@DamienV 

Your first top up is best done by voucher purchased from a shop.. And note o2 do not do a classic payg option, and you will be forced to buy a monthly bundle.. 

Not many left doing classic PAYG, but have a look at Silux Mobile or Giffgaff both use o2, or you will need to look at some of the other virtual networks ... The likes of Spusu on EE offer better value, as do Honest Mobile, but is by monthly debit card payment

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2