Did you mean: 

o2 WiFi Calling - Clarity?

ChristopherJMc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning,

I recently moved home on Monday and the o2 signal in my house is extremely poor.  It regularly sits on just one-two bars and, even then, it's extremely difficult to take a call and I need to stand on the top floor.

I've just found out about WiFi calling and have enabled this on my iPhone.  Will the WiFi calling only activate/be enabled when my phone has no signal at all or does it not matter what your signal is currently at (i.e. if it's enabled and your connected to WiFi it will automatically use this..?).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I hope what I have asked makes sense!

Cheers

Chris

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

There is a useful guide here

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Wifi Calling will need to be turned on in your account as well as on your phone.

On some makes of phone you can set WiFi Preferred which means it will always use WiFi for calls. Or Network preferred in which case it will only connect when the signal drops to a certain level.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

There is a useful guide here

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Wifi Calling will need to be turned on in your account as well as on your phone.

On some makes of phone you can set WiFi Preferred which means it will always use WiFi for calls. Or Network preferred in which case it will only connect when the signal drops to a certain level.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2