Did you mean: 

o2 Impersonation fraud/identity theft

AnxiousandAngry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello o2 community,

I have a sim only plan with o2 which i am using with an old iPhone 7. On 29.11.22, I received 2 default letters from o2 stating that I have been in breach of a credit agreement loan of £1,619.00. The credit agreement was taken out in my name on 29/10/22. I contacted o2 customer service explaining that I have never taken such agreement with o2. I spoke to several customer agents, and they completed a referral form to o2 fraud team.

I checked my Experian credit report and noticed that there is a default credit agreement loan logged against my name.

Action taken since the above

1) I wrote to o2 Fraud team disputing the above and requesting for the fraudulent credit loan agreement to be removed from my record. I sent a detailed letter and supporting documents via recorded delivery)-o2 Fraud Team, Suite N, ABC, Millshaw Park Lane, Leeds. LS11 0NE.

2) I contacted Experian and other credit agencies to dispute fraudulent credit loan agreement. I asked for a password to be attached to my record so that anyone fraudulently trying to get credit in my name will have to undergo further verification checks.

3) I contacted my banks to inform them of the above and sent in supporting documents explain the o2 fraud.

4) I reported the fraud to Action Fraud.

5) I made a complaint to o2 complaint team about the above.

Update.

On 19.12.22, i received a notice of enforcement letter from o2 demanding immediate payment or they would pass my account to a debt collection agency to commence recovery proceeding.

I am very angry and anxious because this impersonation fraud should have never happened if o2 had a rigorous system/ check in place. I have informed o2 customer service that i will be contacting BBC Watchdog and BBC fraud squad team to bring much needed publicity to the flaws in o2 fraud prevention measures.

Question

Can anyone advise me on what else i can do to get this impersonation fraud issue resolved as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@AnxiousandAngry This is a customer community, so there's not much anyone here can advise you on. It sounds as if you've done everything you can. The letter you received today is most likely computer generated. If the fraud department are aware of the situation there isn't anything else you can do. Sadly that department is painfully slow in getting these matters resolved. The only other thing I can suggest is that you lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@AnxiousandAngry This is a customer community, so there's not much anyone here can advise you on. It sounds as if you've done everything you can. The letter you received today is most likely computer generated. If the fraud department are aware of the situation there isn't anything else you can do. Sadly that department is painfully slow in getting these matters resolved. The only other thing I can suggest is that you lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2