cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling a simplicity contract after cooling off period

Anonymous
Not applicable

help !! took out a second simplicity contract in march when i  was setting up a business, the business failed. i am now left with a line that i dont want nor use..i cant even afford the £20/month.

I have spoken to customer services twice and on both occassions they are quoting me cancellation fees in excess of £160...if i cant afford £20/month where will i find £160?

O2 have no loyalty..considering that i will still be an O2 customer on my regular contract why couldnt they do this for me...*sob*(i know they are not a charity)

Does anyone have a solution....im all ears

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned that you acquired the SIM in connection with a business that has subsequently failed.  Whilst in overall terms the amount of money involved is small, I assume that the phone and/or the SIM were assets of the business, so unless the financial affairs of that business have been satisfactorily dealt with you should be careful not to dispose of any items that any creditors might be entitled to claim etc. No doubt you have taken or will be taking suitable financial advice on the dissolution of the business.

Gerry

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could sell a phone perhaps to accrue some funds to help pay off the contract ?

Unfortunately as your over the 7day cooling off period your stuck.

Or do you have a family member who could use it and pay you.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Is there another family member or friend you could "sell" it on to ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm afraid selling the phone or getting a family member to help out are your only options. O2 are fairly rigid in wanting any contract paid up in full.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned that you acquired the SIM in connection with a business that has subsequently failed.  Whilst in overall terms the amount of money involved is small, I assume that the phone and/or the SIM were assets of the business, so unless the financial affairs of that business have been satisfactorily dealt with you should be careful not to dispose of any items that any creditors might be entitled to claim etc. No doubt you have taken or will be taking suitable financial advice on the dissolution of the business.

Gerry

Message 5 of 5