Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to Japan

Robinbury1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if this is the right place or not.....

We are travelling to Japan in Oct for 2 weeks.

I understand that data roaming is avail in japan at £6 each day used, whether it be for 2 mins or all day?

I presume, like other countries, I am linked up to the local providor?

Finally, the current deal I am on gives me 9GB. Monthly....can I upgrade this on the app for just one month and then downgrade back to my original please? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145722 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

@Robinbury1 

If on refresh, you can flex your tariff up or down once per month.

Roaming guide here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

O2 travel gives you 120 mins of calls and texts and unlimited slow data per day regardless of how much you use and is triggered by any use on the day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 145722 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

@Robinbury1 

If on refresh, you can flex your tariff up or down once per month.

Roaming guide here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

O2 travel gives you 120 mins of calls and texts and unlimited slow data per day regardless of how much you use and is triggered by any use on the day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

japaninOct
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorry to resurrect his thread - I am also going to Japan in Oct, and I realise that I can 'Bolt on' data roaming at £6 per day (is this charged even if I don't use the phone on 1 day?).  I also have the choice of buying pocket Wifi instead -  will my phone still work without data roaming?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145722 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

@japaninOct 

You're only charged on the days you use your phone for data use or sending texts and making calls.

Phone will still work for calls and texts with data off and wifi on.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

japaninOct
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow - thank you for your quick reply!  In that case a Mobile (Pocket) Wifi would be a more cost-effective solution for 14 days.  So I should be able to use Google translate/maps/lens etc without data roaming but with Wifi ? 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145722 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

Yes, correct @japaninOct 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6