cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving calls from abroad (Norway)

Purpleivan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I'm based in the UK and I'm having difficulities receiving calls from someone at to company I work for in Norway.

Phone call issues

The issue I have is that either the mobile number which calls me from Norway doesn't get through at all (i.e. there is no ringing signal at their end), or that when my phone rings and I answer the call, either there is no audio heard at either end, or I can hear the Norwegian caller, but they can't hear me.

This has been happening since I moved from Virgin Mobile to O2 a few months ago, with several affected calls during that time. Calls that I make to the Norwegian number get through fine though.

By contrast, when I was with Virgin Media I had no problems with calls in either direction.

Has anyone experienced the same issue, so might have some insight regarding this?

Here's my setup (incase it's relevant). Samsung Galaxy S9, using a pay monthly contract with O2.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36557 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@Purpleivan - I will tag @O2nath_ci to check your port completed properly - look out for a message from them shortly.

Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Looks like Nathan missed the mention on Friday, so I'll see if the advisor on duty this morning can help.

Can you see if there is anything you can do @O2Sarah- to help @Purpleivan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Purpleivan I will send you a private message to check your account. 

Message 4 of 4