cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my phone on Sunday 20th January (after speaking to the Upgrade person). I was informed that the phone would be delivered within 1-2 days. As I would be at work not home on Monday and Tuesday I asked if it could be delivered to work. Here starts the problem...

1) the o2 systems cannot/does not/will not amend the delivery address (I wanted to give further details to make it more accurate and also help the driver. But no.

2) I then suggested the phone be sent to my nearest o2 store and I would collect it from there - seems reasonable, as i am prepared to go and collect it. But no.

3) I was then told to just go to Carphone Warehouse and get a phone from them. But then i would have had to change my number and then change back - not much hassle according to the upgrade man, but not really the help i wanted.

4) I've phoned o2 again today to 'track delivery' - only to be told they are not in stock. I explained that on Sunday i was given a 1-2 day delivery date not told out of stock, to which the lady said, you will have been told this on Sunday. I WAS NOT and frankly, being accused of being a liar is poor.

5) I've now been given a delivery date 'by the end of the week'. I asked to speak to a manager, they are all busy.

6) so, in short - O2 gave the wrong information at the time of the upgrade, can't put accurate delivery addresses on packages (only the one that shows up on the post code search). Couldn't tell me when or where i would be able to collect the phone from if its delivered when i'm not in. They wouldn't deliver to an O2 store for me to collect. They told me to go to Carphone Warehouse.

OH, but they were happy to take my money.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Just for info, the courier usually will attempt to deliver to a neighbour if you're not in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you receive your handset in good time ?
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to put an alternative view I am new to 02 ordered my Phone on line on the 08/02/2013 at 14.15 hrs and it arrived on the 09/02/2013 at 07.40hrs So thank you Carphone Warehouse &Yodel the Couriers,& 02 I could not ask for better service thank you am well pleased rallyman1

@Anonymous wrote:

I upgraded my phone on Sunday 20th January (after speaking to the Upgrade person). I was informed that the phone would be delivered within 1-2 days. As I would be at work not home on Monday and Tuesday I asked if it could be delivered to work. Here starts the problem...

1) the o2 systems cannot/does not/will not amend the delivery address (I wanted to give further details to make it more accurate and also help the driver. But no.

2) I then suggested the phone be sent to my nearest o2 store and I would collect it from there - seems reasonable, as i am prepared to go and collect it. But no.

3) I was then told to just go to Carphone Warehouse and get a phone from them. But then i would have had to change my number and then change back - not much hassle according to the upgrade man, but not really the help i wanted.

4) I've phoned o2 again today to 'track delivery' - only to be told they are not in stock. I explained that on Sunday i was given a 1-2 day delivery date not told out of stock, to which the lady said, you will have been told this on Sunday. I WAS NOT and frankly, being accused of being a liar is poor.

5) I've now been given a delivery date 'by the end of the week'. I asked to speak to a manager, they are all busy.

6) so, in short - O2 gave the wrong information at the time of the upgrade, can't put accurate delivery addresses on packages (only the one that shows up on the post code search). Couldn't tell me when or where i would be able to collect the phone from if its delivered when i'm not in. They wouldn't deliver to an O2 store for me to collect. They told me to go to Carphone Warehouse.

OH, but they were happy to take my money.

Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We rarely get much other than the complaints here, unfortunately.

I think most are quite happy with the service from O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5