Did you mean: 

Insurance blocked

mattbasssparkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Bought an iphone 6 from ebay with what I thought was a hardware/software problem.

But it turns out that the handset was blocked by O2

I checked it out with CheckMend, and it's not registered as stolen (phew!), but has been blocked by O2 because of an "insurance issue".

I contacted a live-chat guy on O2 today and he said that all I need to do is contact the O2 insurance people and ask them to remove the block as the phone is now with me.

While this sounds a little too easy (although I hope it is!), he says I need to call them from the handset, which I can't do as it's blocked, or call from a BT landline...

Problem is, I don't have a landline and can't really get to one anytime soon...

SO, does anyone know if it's possible to contact the O2 insurance company via email, or web chat?  This would be so handy, but I can't see how...

Any help would be much appreciated slight_smile

Matt

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Don't waste your time trying.
They won't unblock it as it will have been replaced on insurance probably because it was reported lost.
It actually now belongs to the insurance company and you are committing an offence by holding on to it.
I suggest you return it for a refund and report the seller who has committed fraud.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Don't waste your time trying.
They won't unblock it as it will have been replaced on insurance probably because it was reported lost.
It actually now belongs to the insurance company and you are committing an offence by holding on to it.
I suggest you return it for a refund and report the seller who has committed fraud.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect it will have been reported to o2 as stolen
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I suspect it will have been reported to o2 as stolen

Almost certainly..... another eBay fraudulent seller. I would never buy a used phone from this site. 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie Me either mate wouldn't trust them at all technology wise

Message 5 of 5