Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud deptment not calling

MIKE19920
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a 3 letters last week saying I own money for 2 phones, I've not got an O2 account. I've called told them what was happening and they said they'll hand it over to the fraud department and would contact me in a few days. A week later and all I've had it more letters for money. Can someone please tag me in to speak to someone becasue if debt collector gets in touch with me I will look at legal advice.

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@MIKE19920 

I would start by reporting it to Action Fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk  has some one has your details in order to take out a contract in your name and address. 

You will need to wait until the Fraud team completes there investigation, and dont take this the wrong way, but you could be found liable if you have been negligent with your personal data.  
It may also be worth be contacting your bank, and informing them you have been a victim of identity fraud, and also get a marker put on your credit file. 

There is nothing anyone can really do on this peer to peer forum.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@MIKE19920 

I would start by reporting it to Action Fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk  has some one has your details in order to take out a contract in your name and address. 

You will need to wait until the Fraud team completes there investigation, and dont take this the wrong way, but you could be found liable if you have been negligent with your personal data.  
It may also be worth be contacting your bank, and informing them you have been a victim of identity fraud, and also get a marker put on your credit file. 

There is nothing anyone can really do on this peer to peer forum.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MIKE19920
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks called action fraud raised it with them. They have told me to contact O2 and speak to them again and mention I've call them and give them the crime number. The lad from O2 took all my infomation and said It could take 30 days and the numbers and payment have been suspended. But If I don't hear from them by next month to contact them back.

Message 3 of 3