cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum period cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! My contract expires on 8/14/2014, I know you have a minimum period to cancel without cost, not necessarily having to wait until the date mentioned above ... I do not know and this period, could u tell me about it? Because I'm moving to the country in December, will be returning to Brazil, but do not want to leave anything pending here in London. Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry, bad maths.

No unfortunately there is no fixed amount. O2 are quite stringent that you pay the remaining months times the monthly tariff. So 10 months at say £20 per month would be £200.00. The only way to reduce this would be to cancel any bolt ons or insurance before paying off your contract.

Obviously not what you would want to hear but there is no way round it I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You had a period of 7 working days to cancel the contract you have just started.

If it's an ordinary contract it must be paid up until the date you have shown.

If it is an O2 Refresh contract it will run until the phone has been paid for.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vivi2013 and Welcome to the Forum,

If your on a normal contract then you could sell the phone and use that to help pay off the contract.

If your on a refresh contract O2's T&C's dont permit the owner to sell the handset until its paid off.

If you leave the Uk without paying the contract off then O2 will default on your contract which would affect your Uk Credit File.  

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

is a 24 month contract which ends on 14/09/2014...eu have to pay the remaining months even without using them?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

is a 24 month contract which ends on 14/09/2014...eu have to pay the remaining months even without using them?

Yes because you entered into a contract with O2 for that amount of time.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, but there is not a fixed value of the contract being rescinded?

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Multiply what your monthly tariff is by the amount of months left to run minus any insurance or bolt ons you may have.

That will give you an idea how much you have to pay.

Ring O2 on 202 for an official cancellation amount.

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you have 11 months left on the contract it's going to be very expensive to pay it off. Do you have a family member or friend who can take over the payments and utilise the contract?

You would however still be responsible for the account should they default on payments.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

actually left 10 months to win the contract
just wanted to know if there was any fixed value for rescission of contract

Thanks

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Sorry, bad maths.

No unfortunately there is no fixed amount. O2 are quite stringent that you pay the remaining months times the monthly tariff. So 10 months at say £20 per month would be £200.00. The only way to reduce this would be to cancel any bolt ons or insurance before paying off your contract.

Obviously not what you would want to hear but there is no way round it I'm afraid.

Message 10 of 12