cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When adding a watch to my plan should I upgrade my existing number or get a new number?

JohnG70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When adding a watch to my plan should I upgrade my existing number or get a new number?

I don't want to lose my existing phone number abd don't know which option to choose, can anybody help?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JohnG70 

All smartwatches have a different number (you can't have two devices with the same number) but sync with your phone functions.

Make sure you are taking a new or additional contract and not an upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JohnG70 

You need a NEW number or else your phone will be replaced and lose signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

JohnG70
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thanks, so I take it the new number will apply only to the watch and not my phone.

Will I still be able to use my phone apps such as WhatsApp, calls and messages from my phone on my watch or will it run independently on its own number? Really I need it to be an extension of my phone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JohnG70 

All smartwatches have a different number (you can't have two devices with the same number) but sync with your phone functions.

Make sure you are taking a new or additional contract and not an upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JohnG70
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 😊 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6