Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try the Tech - Blackberry Z30 by MI5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Just a short intro and first impressions as I have just got back off holiday and the Z30 was waiting for me when I arrived home.

It looks lovely and has a nice weight and feel. Screen is sharp and bright and visually comparable in size to my Z1 (current daily driver).

It is available sim free from CPW for £480 currently which seems quite a lot of money compared to what I paid for my Z1 although they are both the same price in CPW. This makes it an ideal comparisson tool for my review which will follow in the next few days.

Currently the Z30 is upgrading it's firmware so will get stuck in once that's done.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Anticipating your take on it slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Might need your help with some things mate wink

Like should I do your snap mod or just keep it completely stock BB ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you want to use any Android apps then you will need to use Snap or Amazon App store.

I'd recommend the Android versions of MyO2 and BBC iPlayer over the ones in Blackberry World though.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I've already noticed there's no Tumblr app on BB World so I may have to go the Android route.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awaiting with bated breath. slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Well I'm already moaning about BB World but I'll try aldaweb's snap mod before I get too distressed wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I've already noticed there's no Tumblr app on BB World so I may have to go the Android route.

Check Trapeez or Umbrlla as they are arguably the best Tumblr clients on BB10. They aren't free though sadly. I always found Tumblr easy enough to use in the browser right enough!

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I looked at Umbrlla and although it's only 75p I'm unlikely to need it again after the trial....
I'll check out the browser route and see how that goes....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9