cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS SETTINGS HTC Windows Phone 8X O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Don't mean to be a pain and you probably get loads of these questions - My MMS settings for my new HTC 8 are not working - I've tried looking through forums for the answer but no such luck. Is there some sort of dummy guide for setting up MMS on it because I can't see pictures that are sent to me via messaging. It bothers me a lot aswell because it cost me a fortune! :smileysad:

Think i posted it in the wrong section before!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145512 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
As I understand it there are issues with windows phones and MMS settings. You might get lucky by installing the "Network set up" app from the app store (if available for HTC) but otherwise it seems very hit and miss unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody has the answer to this? 😞

Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 145512 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
As I understand it there are issues with windows phones and MMS settings. You might get lucky by installing the "Network set up" app from the app store (if available for HTC) but otherwise it seems very hit and miss unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to find that app anywhere on the apps store or HTC apps. Taking it to the O2 store on Saturday to see if they can do anything with it - if not the phone will be going back to O2. Spent the last 10 years with a old Nokia and finally dug up the courage to throw it away and the new phone is not ANY better. Oh well! Mistakes are made.

Thanks MI5 for the help.

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 145512 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
Sorry I can't help more but it seems common on windows phones. MMS is a bit "old tech" these days. As long as all your contacts have smartphones you can send pics by email (or whatsapp) which are not limited in size as MMS messages are.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

So its not actually out of the norm to not have MMS these days? I'm so old style when it comes to phones i have no clue! I thought MMS was amazing haha!

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also can't get whatsapp for the new windows phone - tried getting that this morning. 😞

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 145512 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
I'm sure it will come soon for windows phones. Even got it on my old Nokia running symbian OS.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awsome - Thanks for all the info though and i am sure i will post my findings from the O2 store on saturday and tell you how i got on. Might be useful for other members of the forum too. Sure you get MMS questions 24/7. haha.

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 145512 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
Yes, please do let us know how you get on.... slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 18